Waterworks is a natural plant watering system that makes caring for your houseplants incredibly easy.
Based on the ancient technique of undergrond irrigation pot 'olla', the terra-cotta cone gradually transmits its moisture level to the surrounding soil.
This natural connection means that a plant extracting more moisture from the soil will naturally drain the reservoir faster, while a plant that needs less water can go longer with the same water reserve.
-Natural watering system through porous terra-cotta
-Straightforward usability, original materials
-Easily add to your plants in the pots you love
-Go on vacation with peace of mind
How to work your Waterworks
1. Submerge the terra-cotta cone in water long enough to saturate the material
2. Carefully push the cone into the soil near the roots of your plant
3. Use a glass bottle (we all know we have that one bottle we kept for something because it was pretty!), fill with water and place in the terra-cotta cone - Refill when empty :-)
About the cones
A plants' demand for water varies depending on the size and type of plant as well as the current season.
Make sure to choose the appropriate cone for your plant:
- Small: more glaze, smaller porous surface / for plants that don't need a lot of water.
- Medium / for most plants
- Large: less glaze, larger porous surface / for thirsty (or) larger plants.
All waterworks cones are handmade in the House of Thol studio in Overasselt.